Tuesday, December 9, 2014

#3 Top Ten Tuesday: New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This week's topic is new-to-me authors I read in 2014.

  1. Rick Yancey with The 5th Wave: WOOO ALIENS!!
  2. Cassandra Claire with Clockwork Angel: Loved it, but still have yet to read the second one, but I'm getting the box set of xmas sooo...I also figured this was a good segue into Claire's Mortal Instruments series which I haven't started yet...
  3. Marissa Meyer with Cinder.  (Haven't finished this one yet.):  Cyborgs and the plague...fun times.  I'm not all that far into it, but it's a very good read.
  4. Victoria Schwab with The Archived.  (Still reading this.):  A little slow paced, but I love the writing style and Mac's narration/voice is just so strong!
  5. Gayle Forman with If I Stay:  NEVER READ THIS WITH THE SONG SAY SOMETHING BY A GREAT BIG WORLD ON REPEAT.  IT MAKES IT TEN TIME SADDER.  JUST DON'T.
  6. Alexandra Bracken with The Darkest Minds: Awesome read with an awesome plot/world.
  7. Danielle Paige with Dorothy Must Die.  (Haven't finished this one either.): Never thought I'd see a story depicting Dorothy as evil, but it was/is great!
  8.  Veronica Roth with Divergent: Tobias and Tris....asdfghjk.  
  9. Kristin Cashore with Graceling:  This is the only book in the series that I like.  I don't know why, I just couldn't get into the others like I did this one.
  10. Jenn Bennett with Kindling the Moon.  (Did I read this this year?  Whatever, I'm counting it.):  A good, captivating read.  Plenty of action and romance...Huh.  This is the only adult book on this list and to be honest, I'm pretty sure I read it during the tail end of 2013, but I'm gonna go with it and say I read this in 2014 anyway.  Oops.
This was surprisingly difficult.  I didn't realize how many of the books I read this year were part of on-going series, all by like, the same five authors...Also, this list is in no particular order.

No comments:

Post a Comment