Tuesday, December 16, 2014

#4 Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read In 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
This week's topic is top ten books I read in 2014.

1. Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas.  Pretty sure I've raved about this book enough in my review.  I love this book so much.  Best in the series so far.

2. Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews.  I was a little nervous picking this up.  It seemed a little too romance-y for me, but I love Andrews' Kate Daniels series so I figured I'd give it a try.  I wasn't disappointed.

3. Fireborn by Keri Arthur.  Keri Arthur is another favorite of mine, her Riley Jenson series was epic and as soon as I read the synopsis for this, I knew I was gonna love this new series as well.  I mean, how many books out there feature a phoenix as the main character?

4. Night Broken by Patricia Briggs.  The latest in the Mercy Thompson series, it took me a while to pick this up.  For some reason, I was really nervous about it.  Maybe because one of the problems Mercy faces is Adam's ex-wife and I love Mercy/Adam's relationship.  But I needn't have worried.  Night Broken was just as awesome as any other in the series.

5. The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas.  I knew what was coming and I still cried.  That's some talent right there.  

6. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Claire.  Took me a while to finish this.  I don't know why.  It was an awesome read, but I just kept putting it down and picking it back up and putting it down again.  Probably gonna do the same thing with the other two.

7. The Winter Long by Seanan McGuire.  This book was apparently what every other book was leading up to, even though its not the last one.  That sounds a little confusing, since it is a series and books in series generally lead to the next book in the series until everything is tied up.  What I mean is, this book is the reason McGuire started writing the Toby Daye series in the first place.  Or so I heard.  But it totally shows...

8. Graceling by Kristin Cashore.  A slow paced book that digs its claws in and doesn't let go until you're done.  It's really the only book in the trilogy I liked.

9. Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios.  Okay, so I haven't finished this one yet, but I'm almost done with it and I just got it yesterday.  It's amazing and about jinn.  So good.

10. Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews.  As I said, the Kate Daniels series is one of my favorites.  Of course the new installment is going to make my top ten of 2014.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of these, but my good friend really loves Ilona Andrews. I'm not a huge PNR fan. I've heard a lot of good things about her, though. Maybe I'll give her a try in 2015!

    ReplyDelete